37 Inspiring Simple Life Quotes You’ll Love
Are you looking to simplify your life and make some meaningful changes?
Well, you’re in the right place!
Simple life quotes are meant to inspire change in your life and see some of the benefits that simple living can bring!
If a simple life quotes talks about happiness and the peace that simplicity brings, you’ll definitely be more inclined to make some positive changes to your life. 🙂
In this post, we’ll go over 37 Inspiring Simple Life Quotes You’ll Love!
Hopefully, these quotes can inspire you to embrace simple living and all of its benefits!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information.
- How to Embrace Minimalism in Modern Society
- 6 Ways A Minimalist Approach To Life Brings More Peace & Happiness
- 6 Simple Ways To Begin Living A Minimalist Lifestyle
- 13 Impactful Quotes About Minimalism to Inspire More Meaning in Your Life
- 7 Popular Minimalist Podcasts That Will Change Your Mindset
37 Inspiring Simple Life Quotes You’ll Love
1. “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” – Leonardo da Vinci
2. “The greatest step towards a life of simplicity is to learn to let go.” – Steve Maraboli
3. “The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.” – Hans Hofmann
4. “The simple life is not just a matter of getting rid of your possessions, but of allowing those possessions to get rid of you.” – Vicki Robin
5. “Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.” – Coco Chanel
6. “Simplicity is the glory of expression.” – Walt Whitman
7. “Live simply, so that others may simply live.” – Mother Teresa
8. “Our life is frittered away by detail…simplify, simplify.” – Henry David Thoreau
9. “The more you have, the more you are occupied. The less you have, the more free you are” – Mother Teresa
10. “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” – Clare Boothe Luce
11. “Simplicity is the essence of happiness.” – Cedric Bledsoe
12. “Not what we have, but what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance.” – Epicurus
13. “It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
14. “Simplicity is an acquired taste. Mankind, left free, instinctively complicates life.” – Katharine Fullerton Gerould
15. “He who is contented is rich.” – Lao Tzu
16. “Simplicity is making the journey of this life with just baggage enough.” – Charles Dudley Warner
17. “Simplicity is the key to brilliance.” – Bruce Lee
18. “Simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.” – Lao Tzu
19. “A contented mind is the greatest blessing a man can enjoy in this world.” – Joseph Addison
20. “The simplest things are often the truest.” – Richard Bach
21. “Simplify your life, focus on your priorities.” – Brian Gardner
22. “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy.” – Isaac Newton
23. “The more simple we are, the more complete we become.” – August Rodin
24. “Simplicity is an acquired taste. Mankind, left free, instinctively complicates life.” – Katharine Fullerton Gerould
25. “He who is contented is rich.” – Lao Tzu
26. “Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.” – Unknown
27. “Less stuff, more life.” – Unknown
28. “Simplicity is about subtracting the obvious and adding the meaningful.” – John Maeda
29. “Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.” – Lao Tzu
30. “The first step in crafting the life you want is to get rid of everything you don’t.” – Joshua Becker
31. “It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor.” – Seneca
32. “Living simply is a state of mind.” – Charles Wagner
33. “The more you know, the less you need.” – Yvon Chouinard
34. “Live your life with purpose. Focus on your blessings, not your misfortunes.” – Roy T. Bennett
35. “The minimalist lifestyle is not about less. It’s about making room for more of what matters.” – Unknown
36. “The greatest wealth is to live content with little.” – Plato
37. “The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them.” – Paulo Coelho
Final Thoughts | 37 Inspiring Simple Life Quotes You’ll Love
I really hope these simple living quotes brought some extra inspiration and joy as you read through them!
Living a simple life and clearing out all of the unnecessary clutter in our lives really brings about peace and contentment.
As many of the quotes mentioned, the desire for more and accumulating more takes away peace because you’re never contented, but even those who have less that are content are wealthy or rich.
And this wealth or riches is in peace and happiness compared to being in a state of constant desire.
These quotes on living a simple life bring attention to many positive things about a simple lifestyle and I hope you have been inspired to give it a try!